Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Basement Makeover!

I didn't post anything on here last month, however it was a pretty busy month. For one, I wasn't feeling so great the last few weeks and still feel a bit icky- just couldn't muster the energy to sit and look at a screen and type. Nonetheless, I did manage to finish our basement makeover!

When we bought our house last summer, a friend and myself painted the whole upstairs in 2 days. Up until earlier last month I couldn't even think about painting anymore of this house. Painting is such a chore and hassle. But, I got sick of looking at the buttercream-yellow on the basement walls and wanted a more cozy feel for the basement.

 Here is what the basement looked like when we first bought our house:


We started by painting the walls Earl Grey, adding this cute vinyl quote and moving in a couch my sis gave me.

Then I decided to paint the foyer a different color. I had left the "foyer type area" the yellowish and at first decided a cool orange would go well with the earl grey: WRONG! Epic fail. The orange looked so different in that lighting than what i thought t would. So then I pulled out some dry sage green that the previous owners left in the garage and it looks SOOO MUCH better!!


After the painting was finished we moved Matt's drum set to the office to make more space since we ended up getting rid of the leather sofa and getting a sectional (second hand deal!) The space is SO cozy now and a great place to relax or entertain. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment