Sunday, August 10, 2014

So, What's New?

It's been a while. Like, well over a year since I have posted anything. I mean, I was still growing a tiny human inside me the last time I posted. That tiny human is now a 19 lb, 9 month old! The reason for the unintentional  hiatus started out by being busy getting everything ready for the new baby. And then she was here! And man, no one prepared me for how difficult it would be to adjust to having two kids. There is 4.5 years between my kids, but I hadn't had a baby in the house in 4 years and I was used to taking care of ONE child, whom at this point is pretty independent. I got a touch of the baby blues and my spare time was spent nursing and napping. I'm not sure exactly why I was having a hard time adjusting. Eisley's birth was absolutely perfect and natural (unlike the terrifying experience of her big bro's birth). She had no problem getting the breastfeeding thing down. When we brought her home she only woke up 2 times max in the night to eat; I was easily getting 4 consecutive hours of sleep between feedings (most moms are lucky to get 2 hours!). The "catch" was she would scream every night between 9pm and 1am. She was inconsolable. I would usually end up crying as well. That all finally ended when she was about 4 months old. I kind of feel like I'm getting the hang of it all now.

I have found our local MOPS group to be a major help. When Eisley was 3 weeks old I started attending MOPS. It took me a few meetings to make new mom friends, and once I did I really started looking forward to our meetings and being able to get out of the house and chat with other moms. This summer I ended up joining the MOPS leadership, helping with publicity- so on that note, if your a mom of preschool age kids or pregnant, I want to invite you to MOPS of Green Hills (if you're in our neck of the woods, if not, try to find a group near you-you'll love it!). I will include some more info on that below that you can click on. :)


 Let's see...what else is new? Oh, in February I signed up with Young Living Essential Oils. If you know me, I am excited about this stuff. I'm always looking for healthy and natural alternatives for health. It's been another good outlet for me also. Not only do I love using the oils and have a lot of success with using them, I also have enjoyed working the business aspect as well.

So, between MOPS, Young Living, trying to keep our house in order, enjoying my babies,  and getting ready to home school our 5 year old son this year, I've been keeping pretty busy-- and it's not about to slow down. AWANA will be starting up at our church soon and I'm looking forward to helping out with that. Hopefully, I will be able to keep up with posting on here as well... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment