Sunday, September 21, 2014

Community Helpers Field Trip

Friday we took a field trip to the Trenton Airport to learn about our community helpers. We got to see a life light helicopter, firetruck, police car and ambulance. The preschool and Parents As Teachers  had sent me a letter a couple weeks ago notifying me of this field trip and I knew it was going to be something that Elisha was really going to enjoy. Of course he already knew all there was to know about firetrucks.
Got to take a look inside the ambulance.



Waiting patiently in line to get a turn to sit inside the helicopter.

He thought it was pretty cool to sit inside the helicopter.




Elisha loved the cop car! He got to run the sirens and speak over the vehicular public address system.

 
Firetruck! 


I thought this field trip was very informative not only for the kids but for the parents as well. My favorite part was the car seat checks that our community Health Department performed on site as well. I was happy to know that our car seats were properly installed and they were able to tighten Eisley's seat more for me since I had done all I could and it actually required a section of a foam pool noodle wedged under her seat to do the trick.

Also this week, we started our unit on leaves! We are learning what leaves do, how they do it and why they turn colors. I even noticed a few leaves changing color on some of our neighbor's trees. We visited Crowder Park to collect some leaves of various size, shape and color  for some of our activities for this unit. We sorted them, counted them, did leaf rubbings, and started making a leaf book that we will finish up this week. Our Biblical concept that goes with this unit is living and growing in Jesus. :)


Our next unit starts Wednesday and it will be  on apples! I'm loving the fall themes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment