Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hello, Autumn :)

I think everyone says this, but fall is my FAVORITE! I also enjoy all the others seasons except for winter. Winter is only fun during Christmas, then I'm so over it.

Anyway, I wanted to make over this weird shelf thing on my living room wall. I think at one point maybe an air condition -window unit used to reside here, and then this shelf thing replaced it. It is kind of cool. I just started thinking about a post from my K*Duds blog last year about mantle alternatives  and how I used my piano for holiday/seasonal decor. Now, my piano is in my basement so I decided to utilize this space as an alternative for a mantle:




My first attempt at decorating this space was not successful. I felt I could do better. So, with my sudden burst of creative energy and various craft supplies I got to work.

 First, I covered some cardboard with different kinds of scrapbook paper and glued it down with rubber cement:


After I made my background, I worked on making my "FALL" banner:

I also covered the mason jars that have pumpkin faces painted on them with scrapbook paper and twine. I set up the background, hung the banner and re-arranged the knick knacky things and pumpkins. I am super pleased with how it turned out. Elisha even noticed the arrangement and told me it was beautiful. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment