Friday, October 26, 2012

Office Desk--Repurposed Closet Door!

Ever since I moved in to my new house and set up my office I have not been content with how it looked until NOW! I just felt like it was unorganized, cluttered, and my desk space just was not very functional.


Before: Very cluttered and lacking space to actually work.

I started brainstorming the other day about what I could use that I already had to make a new desk/workspace. I started by looking for boards, but didn't really have any. Then I remembered the closet doors we took off of our closet in our room when we moved in so that I could move my dresser into our closet. Since I have two small white shelves in the office and the door is white I thought it might be the perfect fit--and it TOTALLY was!


After: the closet door makes an awesome desktop, it goes great with the white shelves that are holding it up.
 I am just SO happy with how my new desk turned out! I have so much space to do art stuff, smashbook, pay bills, write lesson plans and organize everything! My office has such a nice clean look to it now too! I had a lot of pics of how cute the rest of the office looked, but I am having a hard time retrieving them from my phone:/. I will update this post with those pics once I get that worked out :).



I moved my old desk out in to the open space in our basement in a little corner. I put some of my hubby's fave stuff on it and hung up some of his certificates on the wall. I think he will enjoy this little homework/study space. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment